Saturday, August 9, 2008

A beautiful Saturday afternoon

I know the leukemia hasn't miraculously disappeared but I feel stronger today than I have in weeks. (It's all that angel power!)

I drove myself out to one of my favorite parts of the Potomac River today and walked along one of the Billy Goat trails for about an hour.

The river level was especially low so the scenery was different than I'm used to--lots more sandy beaches and little uncovered islands.

Summer in DC is hellish (I know many of you don't agree), but summer on the Potomac is heavenly. It's very jungle-like with all kinds of summer wildflowers and lots of noisy insects and frogs.

I hope I can get back in a kayak before the end of summer. Floating down the river, looking at the herons and other birds, is one of the most relaxing things in the world.

I'm enjoying every moment of this weekend--but am ready for the treatment to start on Monday.

All best,
Simon