Tuesday, September 23, 2008

TrueBlood: Time for a Refill

After five days of barely moving, I finally got a refill today (aka, a transfusion) and am feeling like a somewhat-normal person again. I wish there was some way to thank the person who donated the two pints of blood I got today. I wouldn't be here without people like you.

To celebrate, I talked John into leaving work a few hours early and we did part of the Billy Goat Trail. Needless to say, I could hardly have made it out of the parking lot yesterday.



As usual, we saw deer, herons, and turkey vultures. I am continually amazed at how much wildlife there is so close to D.C. What was really special today (not to mention the thrill of just being able to walk along the river) was seeing a kingfisher, hearing an owl, and feeling a bit of fall in the air. Here are some pics from our walk.