Thursday, January 8, 2009

Old friends

Several old friends I haven't communicated in years have recently gotten in touch. It's ironic because I've been spending a lot of time going through old photos and cards and wondering why I lost touch with these and other folks.

I know it's hard to get to my age without any regrets but my advice is to try and live your life so you stay in touch with those you care about. I know it's meant a lot to me to hear from these people. They didn't know I was sick but somehow the universe connected us up again. (Can an agnostic say that?) To the left is Elaine Bystrom, an old friend with whom I spent many happy days hiking in the Pacific NW many moons ago.

Medical update: One more day on the chemo and then I'll get a breather from the infusions. Can't do away with the transfusions but it'll be nice to reduce my time at the clinic and get a break from the Vidaza.